• Rafah

  • Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 10:45:34 AM
    Last Update : Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 11:05 AM

Over 100 Killed in Israeli Bombardment of Rafah, Palestinian Official Says

(وكالة أنباء العالم العربي) - More than 100 people were killed in Israeli strikes over Rafah in southern Gaza, confirmed Gaza Fathi Abu Warda, an advisor to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, as the war in the Strip enters its 129th day.

Abu Warda told AWP that over 200 others were wounded in the bombing.
Palestinian media said that Israel launched intensive aerial, ground and naval bombardment on Rafah, targeting two mosques and several houses in various areas.

The Palestinian Information Centre stated on its Telegram account that most of the dead were displaced women and children, who had previously sought refuge in Rafah after fleeing other war-torn areas in the northern part of the Strip.

The Palestinian Hamas movement said that the attack comes amid Israeli attempts at “forced displacement” of the Palestinian people from Gaza.

In a statement, Hamas described the Israeli attack on Rafah as “a crime and a continuation of the genocidal war, and an expansion of the aggression against our people, in light of the tragic conditions this city is experiencing due to the concentration of nearly 1.4 million citizens in it.”

Hamas also called on the Arab League, the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, and the UN Security Council to take urgent and serious action “to stop the ongoing aggression and crimes of genocide against defenceless civilians in the Gaza Strip.”